Re: EFI to grub to DOS?

From: Chris Murphy
Subject: Re: EFI to grub to DOS?
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2012 22:00:35 -0600

On Jul 23, 2012, at 8:41 PM, Greg Grotsky wrote:

> I'm trying to run a memory exerciser that stresses all the DRAM in the
> system. Something similar to memtest86+ only more rigorous.

I think the memtest86+ guys intend to do this but will not maintain BIOS and
UEFI versions because it requires a complete rewrite and different code base.
So when they move to UEFI they're going to drop the BIOS version.

So I think it makes the most sense to make this UEFI app. At the moment I'm not
aware of an open source memory tester for UEFI hardware at all. It should be
provided by the manufacturer, but I don't know how sophisticated they are.

Chris Murphy