cmdline options getting \x20?

From: Michael D. Setzer II
Subject: cmdline options getting \x20?
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2014 10:06:06 +1000

I have a project that can pass run time options via the /proc/cmdline, and it
has worked fine with syslinux, grub4dos, and grub for a long time, but just
run into an issue with a new install of Fedora 20?

The spaces in the option are being replaced with \x20 with the grub of
Fedora 20? Same option of previous fedoras hadn't noticed this, though most
systems where version 17, so it could have also been with 18 or 19?

Was able to resolve it by having my project use sed to replace \x20 in the
command line with spaces, but wondering when this change occurred with
grub2, since none of the other boot loaders seem to do this.

Found a mention of this in fedora 18 bugzilla, but the message was
commented with EOL for 18, so there was no resolution of the issue?

  Guam Community College  Computer Center
  mailto:address@hidden
  mailto:address@hidden
  http://www.guam.net/home/mikes
  Guam - Where America's Day Begins
  G4L Disk Imaging Project maintainer
  http://sourceforge.net/projects/g4l/

Number of Seti Units Returned:  19,471
(Total Hours: 287,489)

address@hidden CREDITS
ROSETTA     10045530.779504   |   SETI        17491770.047084
ABC         16613838.513356   |   EINSTEIN    15323134.109852