Re: GRUB wikipedia page incorrect

From: Andrey Borzenkov
Subject: Re: GRUB wikipedia page incorrect
Date: Sun, 9 Mar 2014 23:29:52 +0400

В Sat, 08 Mar 2014 19:53:33 -0500
Sam Mingo <address@hidden> пишет:

> Hi,
>
> I'd update this myself but I'm unclear how GRUB 2 actually works now,
> and the Wikipedia page seems to be describing how it works incorrectly.
> AFAIK GRUB2 did away with the Stage 1.5.

While grub2 does not use terms stage1, stage1.5, stage2, description is
correct - functionally boot.img corresponds to stage1, core.img to
stage1.5 and all other module files comprise what would be stage2 in
grub legacy. Such comparison may actually help someone with grub legacy
background to better understand grub2.