Re: error: disk lvmid/... not found Entering rescue mode...

From: Andrei Borzenkov
Subject: Re: error: disk lvmid/... not found Entering rescue mode...
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2015 22:03:33 +0300

В Thu, 23 Jul 2015 15:17:17 +0200
Jelle de Jong <address@hidden> пишет:

> On 23/07/15 13:14, Andrei Borzenkov wrote:
> > On Thu, Jul 23, 2015 at 2:08 PM, Jelle de Jong
> > <address@hidden> wrote:
> >> The problem exist with the combination of mdadm with metadata format 1.2.
> >>

> > Do you mean 1.0 and 1.1 work? Or you did not test them?
>
> I did not test 1.0 or 1.1. I looked at the mdadm manpage and it listed
> metadata format 0 and 1, so I went straight to 0 witch resulted in
> metadata 0.9.

1.2 puts metadata in fixed location in the beginning of device (i.e.
partition) while 0.9 puts metadata in floating location near end of
device. 1.0 and 1.1 differ in metdata placement as well. Testing would
help to build some hypothesis. So far it sounds like grub has problem
to find where partition begins; in this case metadata 1.0 is expected
to work - it puts it at the end.