TFPT boot without PXE

From: Christian Meyer
Subject: TFPT boot without PXE
Date: Sun, 26 Jul 2015 00:14:48 +0200

Hello there,

is there a way to locally start grub (via hd, CD or USB) and let it boot
a GNU/Linux system over the network only using TFTP (with given
servername or IP adress) but without using PXE?

Background: I'm running a windows active directory with an active PXE
booting environment to deploy windows on the network. For security
reasons I'm not allowed to modify the server or the boot config.

So I installed a Debian TFTP and NFS server on a seperate machine using
the windows AD as the DHCP and DNS server. Windows server "knows" this
computer but of course does not know it as a DHCP "next-server".

I now want to configure local grub not to boot Windows PXE but the Linux
kernel and initrd (and later NFSROOT) from my Linux server using its DNS
name or IP adress.

Christian