help-libidn

Re: libidn fails when builddir!=srcdir and wchar.h is unavailable

From: Mike Frysinger
Subject: Re: libidn fails when builddir!=srcdir and wchar.h is unavailable
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 14:46:21 -0500

On Tuesday 19 February 2008, Simon Josefsson wrote:
> Mike Frysinger <address@hidden> writes:
> >>
> >> That is strange, all those symbols should be defined in libidn.  What
> >> does 'bfin-linux-uclibc-nm lib/.libs/libidn.so' show?
> >
> > ok, it's a bug in libtool, not libidn.  once i fixed that, it builds.
> > should be fine to release.  thanks!
>
> Yeah, I tracked it down as well, and it seems the -export-symbols-regex
> parameter doesn't really work well under bfin because of a function name
> underscore mismatch.  Btw, how did you fix the libtool bug?

it's a known issue in libtool when working with toolchains that have symbol
prefixes and -export-symbols-regex.  libtool takes the symbol list, removes
the prefix, does the regex, but then forgets to add back in the prefix before
generating the version script.

stick a `sed s:^:_:` in the pipeline after the regex matching and it works.
-mike