help-libidn

Re: providing a libidn compatibility API

From: Tim Ruehsen
Subject: Re: providing a libidn compatibility API
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2017 09:32:59 +0100

On Sunday, February 19, 2017 10:17:02 AM CET Simon Josefsson wrote:
> Tim Rühsen <address@hidden> writes:

> >> Which repository is considered to be the primary? Note that I noticed
> >> that the tip of the master in both repos has commits from an unnamed
> >> author:
> >> Author: userwithuid <address@hidden>
> >
> > 'jas' is the official repo of Simon. He gave me write access, so I can
> > keep this and my private repo 'rockdaboot' in sync. Releases are done by
> > Simon - and I guess he will review / test all my commits before ;-)
> >
> > userwithuid made two PRs to repo 'jas' - I reviewed, tested and merged
> > them.
> Can we get a name of him or her?  Please track contributions in the
> AUTHORS file.

I just send her/him an email and asked for the real name.

But anyways, I see both patches as 'trivial', so there should be no licensing
issue in the future.
And I stopped asking people for the 'real' names for other projects. It might
have a good reason, why they want to be anonymous. And such people could give
as any 'real' name. It is, well, just any name. We could as well include
'address@hidden' into the AUTHORS file.

Tim