help-liquidwar6

[Help-liquidwar6] Summer work

From: Christian Mauduit
Subject: [Help-liquidwar6] Summer work
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2008 22:28:06 +0200

Hi,

2 informations:

1) First as LW6 next beta release is approaching, I think it's a good idea to make a choice between all those cool maps we have, and just keep the best of them. As I said long time ago, I think a maximum of 15 is good for a game try out, let the rest be in an "extra" package. Since this is only a beta and there will probably be even more maps later - ;) - a reasonnable choice would be, say, 10 of them.

I packaged the current map directory for you, Kasper, to have a clear idea of what there's in stock. It's there:
http://www.ufoot.org/tmp/liquidwar6-map-20080731.zip
Just tell me what's to be kept in there, what should be in "extra", I'll do it.

2) Next, I recently learnt that there's another game, called "Goo" (see it on http://goo.pillowfortgames.com/ ) which is in the same spirit as LW, as far as I understand. I was wondering if any of you on this list had already played it. I just took a look at the screenshots (was too lazy run the game on my slowish qemu-emulated Windows XP virtual box) and thought (I'm not the only one to think that) that the look of the armies, all blobish (like a "metaball") is pretty cool.

What do you think?

Have a nice day,

Christian.

--