Re: plotutils

From: Fergus Henderson
Subject: Re: plotutils
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2000 13:10:23 +1100

On 14-Nov-2000, Todd Krzeminski <address@hidden> wrote:
> I'm having problems running the makefile for plotutils 2.4.1, but only on
> Red Hat 7.0.  Are there any known problems with this?  I'm including the
> error information and the preprocessor output.  Thanks.
> gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -I/usr/X11R6/include -I./../include
> -DLIBPLOT -O2 -c g_range.c
> -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/g_range.lo
> g_range.c: In function `_set_bezier3_bbox':
> g_range.c:390: Internal error: Segmentation fault.
> Please submit a full bug report.
> See <URL:http://www.gnu.org/software/gcc/bugs.html> for instructions.

This is a bug with gcc, not a problem with make.

Very occaisionally, this symptom can occur if gcc runs out of stack
space (e.g. while processing a complicated program when you have
used `limit' or `ulimit' to limit the available stack space).

But if it only occurs on Red Hat 7.0, it is more likely to be because
a bug in the version of gcc on Red Hat 7.0.  I think I heard that
Red Hat 7.0 ships with a version of GNU C that the GNU C committee did
not want to be treated as a production release.

--
Fergus Henderson <address@hidden>  |  "I have always known that the pursuit