FW: Make problems

From: Panagiotis Markopoulos (ETG)
Subject: FW: Make problems
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2002 17:18:40 +0100

Hello there!

My system is an AMD XP 1600+ with 256M RAM running Red Hat 6.2 (Zoot)
kernel is 2.2.14
gcc is 2.91.6 as in the distribution package.

I am trying to upgrade gcc to 2.95.3 so as to then upgrade the kernel to 2.4.16
but make halts (makegccerror). Even trying to upgrade make to latest version
halts at make (even ./build.sh halts which is intended for systems without
make!)

Is it a problem of "make" really or is it soemthing else related to my Linux
installation?

Somebody please respond to my home adress (CC above) as I have a long way ahead
to make KDE2 and Koffice work... not to mention the DVD player

Special thanks,
Takis