Re: error in configure

From: Paul D. Smith
Subject: Re: error in configure
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2002 09:11:08 -0500

%% Brian <address@hidden> writes:

  b> first of all I can't figure out how to run configure without having to
  b> type sh ./configure it gives me an incorrect interpreter error.

Your system seems to be misconfigured, but since you didn't give any
information at all about what system you're using or its configuration,
there's little we can do to help you.

  b> When I do run i with sh ./configure I get an error message:

  b> checking whether setvbuf arguments are reversed... configure: error: can
  b> not run test program while cross compiling

This means that configure couldn't find a working C compiler (the next
version of GNU make will use a newer version of autoconf which makes
this clearer).  You'll need to fix this first.

Commenting out things from the configure script is almost certainly not
the right answer.

 http://www.gnu.org                      http://www.paulandlesley.org/gmake/