Re: question

From: Paul D. Smith
Subject: Re: question
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2002 01:05:09 -0500

%% <address@hidden> writes:

  n> I want to creat a Makefile, but after i use
  n>         # ./configure
  n> I can't find my Makefile, but only configure.status, I don't know why.

Me, either.  If you want help you'll need to provide more info than
that.  Such as, what host and OS you're trying to build on, for
example.

If you didn't get a Makefile created that must mean that your invocation
of configure failed.  What errors did you get?

  n> And I would like to konw the difference between Makefile.in and
  n> Makefile.  can I go forward using Makefile.in instead of Makefile?

The Makefile.in is a template that the configure script uses to generate
the Makefile; after configure discovers information about your system it
replaces various fields in Makefile.in to create Makefile.

No, you can't use Makefile.in instead of Makefile.

 http://www.gnu.org                      http://www.paulandlesley.org/gmake/