Re: (no subject)

From: Ze Jiang
Subject: Re: (no subject)
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2002 02:56:30 +0000

Hi,

The Makefile was generated by the ./configuration script and I did not modify it.

Thanks.

Jiang Ze

From: "Paul D. Smith" <address@hidden>
To: "address@hidden" <address@hidden>
CC: "'address@hidden'" <address@hidden>, "'address@hidden'" <address@hidden>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2002 09:09:11 -0500

%% Jiang Ze <address@hidden> writes:

  jz> Can anybody help me for the following problem?

  jz> My machine is a HP I2000 workstation with hp unix 11i. There is
  jz> aC++(B3911DB) installed.

  jz> After I execute ./configure and then issue "make" command I have
  jz> following messages:

  jz> # make
  jz>         cd glob; make libglob.a
  jz>         aCC rv libglob.a glob.o fnmatch.o
  jz> aCC: error 1913: `rv' does not exist or cannot be read
  jz> aCC: error 1913: `libglob.a' does not exist or cannot be read
  jz> *** Error exit code 1

Very strange.  It looks like for some reason the makefile is trying to
use your compiler (cc, or aCC in your case) as an archiver (ar).  I
can't think why this would be: certainly nothing that I'm aware of in
the configure script would voluntarily do such a thing.

Did you try to override something about the configuration or the makefile?

http://www.gnu.org http://www.paulandlesley.org/gmake/ "Please remain calm...I may be mad, but I am a professional." --Mad Scientist