Embedded spaces in directory names

From: Kiley Hykawy
Subject: Embedded spaces in directory names
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 16:58:17 -0700

Hi,

Is there a way to use embedded spaces in directory names such as using some
sort of escape character?

Here is an example of what I am doing (notice the escape character '\' that
cygwin uses for embedded spaces in path names):

TOOL_INCLUDE_PATH  := /cygdrive/c/Program\ Files/Microsoft\ Visual\
Studio/VC98/Include
COMPILER_FLAGS := $(addprefix /i,$(TOOL_INCLUDE_PATH))

COMPILER_FLAGS is coming out as '/i/cygdrive/c/Program\ /iFiles/Microsoft
/iVisual /iStudio/VC98/Include' which is not what I wanted (but not totally
unexpected :) ).

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Kiley Hykawy