Re: includes

From: Paul D. Smith
Subject: Re: includes
Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2002 10:05:47 -0400

%% David Elkin <address@hidden> writes:

When reporting problems please always include the version of GNU make
you're using, the OS you're using it on, etc.

  de> Perhaps you will have a thought about a problem I am having using
  de> gmake on a Sun machine.  The compilation of fortran files fails to
  de> pick up include files containing COMMON blocks.  Oddly enough, it
  de> works fine on a different machine.  Any comment would be
  de> appreciated.

  de> ___________________________________

  de> > gmake -f make_8.1
  de> g77 -o /users/elkin/sort/src/atmos/ATM76.o
/users/elkin/sort/src/atmos/ATM76.f

The -I options you've requested are not being given to the compiler.

This is a bug in your makefile.

  de> SRC_BASE = /users/elkin/sort/src/
  de> SRC_DIR  = /users/elkin/sort/tools/

  de> FFLAGS = -Iinclude -I$(SRC_BASE)include/ \
  de>                    -I$(SRC_DIR)include/
  de> # \       -fdollar-ok -finit-local-zero -fno-automatic -O
  de> CFLAGS = -Iinclude -I$(SRC_BASE)include/  \
  de>                    -I$(SRC_DIR)include/

There is no rule here describing how to create the .o from the .f, so
there's no way we can give you any information on why your problem is.

Check your makefile where you define the rule for building .o's and see
what's wrong.

 http://www.gnu.org                      http://www.paulandlesley.org/gmake/