RE: [Mingw-users] Win32 API : *.rc, *.ico, *.dsp files & Makefile

From: Andrew Stadt
Subject: RE: [Mingw-users] Win32 API : *.rc, *.ico, *.dsp files & Makefile
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2002 14:05:54 -0400

The .rc (or resource files/scripts), can be compiled by windres (part of
binutils), the resulting object file can then be included during your final
link to 'attach' the resources to the executable.

Generally, the .ico, .bmp (icons, bitmaps, etc) are included by the resource
script, so you probably shouldn't have to worry about them.

The .dsp files are generated by Microsoft's visual studio.  They are to MS's
IDE what a makefile is to the command line.  If you really feel like, you
can attempt to read them, but I don't think you'll much useful information
there for you.

HTH, Andrew.