Please help!

From: Joseph Ho
Subject: Please help!
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2002 19:45:34 +0800

Dear Staff at gnu make,
I am trying to compile glibc-2.2.5 on my linux box. I follow the intructions on FAQ, README, INSTALL. For some unknown reasons, it fails to compile. I confess I do not know either if it is a bug or if it is really related to gnu make. However, it is gnu make that gives the error message. I am new to linux and gnu. I'd written to both the glibc help staff and Mr. Ulrich Drepper (one of the chief maintainers of glibc), but no one there seems to care to pay heed to me.

The follows are the tools I use,
*) GNU Make version 3.79.1
*) Kernel linux-2.4.19
*) gcc version 3.1.1
*) GNU binutils 2.11.2
*) GNU bash 2.03.19
*) GNU autoconf 2.53
*) GNU texinfo 4.2

    The glibc source is in my linux box under /usr/src/glibc-2.2.5/
    I build glibc under /usr/src/glibc-build/
     Attached to this mail are 'config.h' and 'output' 'error'.
    'output' and 'error' are messages produced by make.

    Please help. Thank you for your time.

regards,
Joseph Ho

p.s.
Special thanks to Mr. Paul D. Smith for his prompt response on Sept 18 to my previous mail on . Thank you very much, Pual!