Logical AND, OR, XOR operators inside ifeq ... endif construct condition

From: Boucher, Jean
Subject: Logical AND, OR, XOR operators inside ifeq ... endif construct condition.
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 16:48:15 -0700

Hello again. Quick question, if I may:  Is there a logical OR operator for the 'ifeq ... endif' statement?
That is, I'd like to execute some statements if variable 'var' is either defined as string 'X' or 'Y', something like this:

   ifeq ((var,X) OR (var,Y))
   endif

From reading the manual, I don't see a way to do that, except by creating two 'ifeq ... endif' constructs sequencially, one to handle each value for 'var', and repeating the exact same conditional statements inside each. Yuk!

Similarly, the 'ifneq' sort of takes care of the NOT operation, but are there AND and XOR operators?  In the past, I've handled the AND case by nesting two 'ifeq ... endif' one inside the other. At least, I don't have to repeat the exact same conditional statements inside each.

Jean.
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
This message, together with any attachments, may be legally privileged
and is confidential information intended only for the use of the
individual or entity to which it is addressed.  It is exempt from
disclosure under applicable law including court orders.  If you are not
the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use,
dissemination, distribution or copy of this message, or any attachment,
is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this message in error,
please notify the original sender and delete this message, along with
any attachments, from your computer.