Re: Logical AND, OR, XOR operators inside ifeq ... endif construct condi

From: Paul D. Smith
Subject: Re: Logical AND, OR, XOR operators inside ifeq ... endif construct condition.
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 21:23:40 -0400

%% "Boucher, Jean" <address@hidden> writes:

  bj> Hello again. Quick question, if I may: Is there a logical OR
  bj> operator for the 'ifeq ... endif' statement?  That is, I'd like to
  bj> execute some statements if variable 'var' is either defined as
  bj> string 'X' or 'Y', something like this:

  bj>    ifeq ((var,X) OR (var,Y))
  bj>       ...
  bj>    endif

  bj> From reading the manual, I don't see a way to do that, except by
  bj> creating two 'ifeq ... endif' constructs sequencially, one to
  bj> handle each value for 'var', and repeating the exact same
  bj> conditional statements inside each. Yuk!

I do it like this:

    ifeq ($(var),$(filter $(var),X Y))
    endif

Most others can be handled using these types of methods as well.

There are no specific operators for AND, OR, etc.