Re: make can not find .cpp file, any general comments or suggestions to

From: Paul D. Smith
Subject: Re: make can not find .cpp file, any general comments or suggestions to debug?
Date: Wed, 3 May 2006 07:48:48 -0400

%% Lin George <address@hidden> writes:

  >> CPPFLAGS is included in both CFLAGS and CXXFLAGS,
  >> plus separating out

  lg> I can not find where in the manual it is mentioned
  lg> that CPPFLAGS is included in both CLAGS and CXXFLAGS.
  lg> Could you help to point it out please?

Actually it's not including in those variables, but it's included in the
rules where those variables are used.

See the section "Variables Used by Implicit Rules" in the manual.