RE: make can not find .cpp file, any general comments or suggesti ons to

From: Paul D. Smith
Subject: RE: make can not find .cpp file, any general comments or suggesti ons to debug?
Date: Wed, 3 May 2006 09:20:00 -0400

%% Lin George <address@hidden> writes:

  lg> Sorry that I may not make myself understood. The point
  lg> which confuse me is not the function of CPPFLAGS or
  lg> CFLAGS, the confusion point is that, I think Paul mean
  lg> variable CXXFLAGS automatically includes variable
  lg> CPPFLAGS, which I have not found from GNU make manual

I wrote this morning:

> Actually it's not including in those variables, but it's included in the
> rules where those variables are used.

You can use "make -pf/dev/null" to see a full catalog of the default
rules and variables.