Re: #include in a C file

From: David Boyce
Subject: Re: #include in a C file
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2010 10:38:16 -0500

On Wed, Dec 1, 2010 at 10:22 AM, Paul Smith <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Tue, 2010-11-30 at 11:54 +0330, ali hagigat wrote:
>> If compiler generates the necessary prerequisites automatically by -M
>> option why we need to have one makefile for each source file?
>
> I don't understand the relationship between the first part of the
> sentence and the second part.

I suspect he's confused by the use of the word "makefile" here, having
lost the distinction between the unitary file typically called
"[Mm]akefile" and a generic file in make syntax which may be included
into it. It probably wouldn't hurt to refer to the latter as a
"prerequisite file" or "prerequisite makefile" in the quoted sentence.

-David Boyce