Re: Parallel jobs with order-only prerequisites

From: Dawid Gosławski
Subject: Re: Parallel jobs with order-only prerequisites
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2014 01:03:56 +0200

Hi Steven,

What is the reason that you are not defining api to be target as well ? You
try to accomplish two tasks in one rule, and this of course will work in
serial and not really in the parallel.

Some time ago I had similar problems with my make - I was trying to force
some order but it was a fight between me and make :) Guess who won :)

Of course it depends on how this targets are compiled and if you can split
this two parts. But I suggest to drop forcing of prerequesites order for
better target dependency :)

Dawid