help-nano

Re: [Help-nano] color

From: Dave Hein
Subject: Re: [Help-nano] color
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2003 14:29:54 +0000 (GMT)

That did the trick, thanks a lot!

A follow up -- I write code in ksh , python, and perl.  As this is my
first use of a color editor, would anyone be willing to send me their
.nanorc files that are already configured for these programs (using the
syntax command)?  I figure looking at what others have come up with may be
more productive than trying to come up with my own.

thanks
Dave

On Fri, 21 Mar 2003, Jordi Mallach wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 21, 2003 at 11:18:47AM +0000, Dave Hein wrote:
> > I used
> >
> > ./configure --disable-nls --enable-all
> >
> > then make install
> >
> > however I still do not get any color.  What do I need to do --
> > or what can I check to make sure this works.  I am very anxious
> > to see this.
>
> Be sure to have an /etc/nanorc or a ~/.nanorc with colour syntaxes.
>
> You'll find very good examples in sample.nanorc in nano's tar.gz.
>
> Jordi

~~
David Hein  Scientific Programmer
Met Office  Hadley Centre  London Road