help-nano

[Help-nano] colour pasting really slow

From: Sam Halliday
Subject: [Help-nano] colour pasting really slow
Date: Fri, 4 Jul 2003 20:32:22 +0100

hi there,

i just heard nano has colo(u)r support, and i got all excited :-D, i was
really enjoying the new highlighted experience (standard sample nanorc
file, with color definitions uncommented) when i had to paste some text
(in an xterm, no mouse enabled) into the file. usually this happens
instantly, but each character seems to be ticking by quite slowly. at a
guess (and feel free to correct me), i would say nano is trying to
redraw the screen colours on each new character, if this is the case;
can i workaround it by only redrawing on, say, a newline? is this a
known issue? is there a (better) solution?

also... on a side note. i found some highlighting rules for bash script
files (they look nice), but the file detection seems to only go by file
extension, whereas most of my scripts have no extension (but identify
themselves with the #!/bin/bash on the top line), is there any way i can
set up nano to notice that these files are bash files?

and.. (in my best columbo voice) one more question, just one more
question... is there an online repository of user-contributed colo(u)r
setups for different file types?

thanks for writing this excellent lightweight editor,
Sam
--
I owe the government $3400 in taxes. So I sent them two hammers and a
toilet seat.