help-nano

[Help-nano] compiling nano statically

From: dave
Subject: [Help-nano] compiling nano statically
Date: Sat, 5 Jul 2003 09:43:28 -0400

Hello,
    This may be impossible, certainly repeated google searches have not
turned up the answer, but here goes. I'm running several different types of
Unix machines, Linux, FreeBSD, and Solaris. I'd like to statically compile
nano on one of each type of machine then drop the single executable on the
other boxes. I've tried this only on FreeBSD adding -static to the nano port
makefile, but that still did not produce the desired results. Basically,
here are the options i want:
--disable-mouse
--enable-multibuffer
--enable-nanorc
and i'm not sure what this one does:
--enable-all
    If anyone has any input i'd appreciate it.
Thanks.
Dave.