help-nano

Re: [Help-nano] Confined vs. restricted mode

From: Benno Schulenberg
Subject: Re: [Help-nano] Confined vs. restricted mode
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2016 21:37:47 +0200

Hello Mario,

On Thu, Jun 23, 2016, at 20:43, Mario Blättermann wrote:
> while translating the nano interface into German, I'm stumbled upon
> "confined". The appropriate string has been derived from "restricted"
> by Gettext. I was wondering what's the difference between those?

The difference is explained in the accompanying translator hint:
"confined" refers to --operatingdir, "restricted" to --restricted.

When I was translating 2.6.0 myself, I realized it would probably
have been better to leave out "in confined mode" altogether, because
the other messages that refer to this mode don't mention it either,
they just say "... outside of %s", without speaking of any mode.

Should I just remove the "in confined mode"?

Regards,

Benno

--
http://www.fastmail.com - Same, same, but different...