Re: interesting FFT benchmarking!

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: interesting FFT benchmarking!
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2003 11:47:03 -0500

On 29-Jul-2003, Geraint Paul Bevan <address@hidden> wrote:

| I may be wrong, but I think you'll find that Octave converts real data
| into complex data before performing a Fourier transform.
|
| If you look in liboctave/oct-fftw.h, you will notice that there is no
| declaration for octave_fftw involving real matrices.

Right, when using FFTW, Octave does all FFT calculations using
complex.  If it is possible to use FFTW to do compute an FFT without
having to convert the argument to a complex vector first then maybe we
should do that.  But I don't know FFTW well enough to do it quickly,
so someone else who does and who is interested will have to do the
work and submit a patch.

jwe