Re: interesting FFT benchmarking!

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: interesting FFT benchmarking!
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2003 12:49:04 -0500

On 29-Jul-2003, address@hidden <address@hidden> wrote:

| It  does  have  a  set  of specialized functions. There is a header file
| called  rfftw.h referring to them. Maybe we could create a rfft function
| in  octave  that  reads  a  real  vector  and  returns only the positive
| half-plane,  like it's done on the library. I'll study how to do it...
| :)

You might also look at how it is done in the newer FFTW version 3,
which doesn't have rfftw.h.  According to the manual:

   Unlike FFTW 2, there are no separate header files for real and
   complex transforms (or even for different precisions) in FFTW 3; all
   interfaces are defined in the `<fftw3.h>' header file.

It would probably be good to update Octave so that it uses the newer
version of the library.

jwe