Re: Fink broke my octave-forge

From: Joe Koski
Subject: Re: Fink broke my octave-forge
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 20:56:54 -0700

Further update on my problem. My octave-forge insists on installing into the
old

/sw/share/octave/2.1.46/site/m/octave-forge

not the 2.1.50 equivalent. I tried removing the files (rm -r) and
reinstalling octave-forge, but it insists placing all octave-forge routines
in directories named 2.1.46.

Incidently, I just tried copying the necessary .m routines from octave-forge
into my local directory to get things moving. My 10000 point data analysis
went from less than three minutes to over an hour, at which point I killed
it. Is this a testimonial to trisolve.oct (which is still located at
/sw/lib/octave/2.1.46/site/oct/powerpc-apple-darwin6.6/octave-forge/trisolve
.oct)?

Should I submit this to the fink bug list? Or is this just a side effect of
updating octave 2.1.50 from the unstable list?

Can I just change an environment variable to get things to work? How about a
line in a .octaverc file?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Joe Koski