Re: a problem with mouse interaction

From: E. Joshua Rigler
Subject: Re: a problem with mouse interaction
Date: Thu, 03 Mar 2005 10:11:57 -0700

On Thu, 2005-03-03 at 09:54, Dmitri A. Sergatskov wrote:
> E. Joshua Rigler wrote:
>
> > is the case in Octave.  To get mouse functionality, I have the following
> > lines in my .octaverc:
> >
> >   gnuplot_command_plot = "set mouse; plot";
> >   gnuplot_command_splot = "set mouse; splot";
> >

> It should be sufficient to put
>
> gset mouse
>
> in .octaverc
>
> Dmitri.

Except that this doesn't get reapplied after one issues a "closeplot"
command, or in some other way closes or loses the pipe to gnuplot, then
tries to open a new plot.

This is also the case with pm3d functionality, but I no longer keep "set
pm3d" in my gnuplot_command_splot variable because pm3d is just to slow
for the surface plots I most often work with.  I may reconsider this in
the near future, however, since it now appears possible to use arbitrary
(r,g,b) colors for line plots by employing the pm3d interface.

-EJR