Re: R graphics

From: Mike Miller
Subject: Re: R graphics
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2005 01:32:33 -0500 (CDT)

On Sat, 16 Apr 2005, Duncan Temple Lang wrote:

Before RMatlab came ROctave. It is a basic implementation that could use updating and enhancement.

 http://www.omegahat.org/ROctave/

I am very keen to see R and its packages being used in other systems, contexts, etc. as I think this is the way to further the use of good and new statistical methodology in applied areas.

Nice.  Sorry I missed it, but I when I looked here...

http://www.omegahat.org/

...and saw nothing about Octave, I assumed it didn't exist. But that page has "Recently Updated packages" and it looks like ROctave has not been updated since 10/2002, so that's probably why ROctave wasn't listed.

Anyway, it looks great and I'm going to start experimenting with it sometime soon.

Mike