new octave

From: hugo1981 (sent by Nabble.com)
Subject: new octave
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2006 03:05:35 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

I am writing a "new octave" program with many differences from Matlab/Octave
syntax.

Matlab uses three dots (...) to tell to continue the command on the next
line. I would like to know your opinion about other solution than the three
dots (...).
Below is an example of a m file with three options. Tell me which one you
like more, or tell me about any better idea.

function res=myFunc(src)

%option 1 (like matlab)
filter= ...
[ ...
-100,200,-100 ...
]

% option 2 (like tcl)
filter= \
[ \
-100,200,-100 \
]

% option 3 (using {})
{
filter=
[
-100,200,-100
]
}
Sent from the Octave - General forum at Nabble.com.