Re: new octave

From: Shai Ayal
Subject: Re: new octave
Date: Fri, 03 Mar 2006 13:36:11 +0200

hugo1981 (sent by Nabble.com) wrote:
Hi,

I am writing a "new octave" program with many differences from Matlab/Octave
syntax.

Do you mean you are writing another interpreter which is neither matlab not octave?

Matlab uses three dots (...) to tell to continue the command on the next
line. I would like to know your opinion about other solution than the three
dots (...).
Below is an example of a m file with three options. Tell me which one you
like more, or tell me about any better idea.

The first two are supported by octave. I like the second one best because it is more inline with the unix way of doing things (e.g. shell, tcl, ...)

function res=myFunc(src)

%option 1 (like matlab)
filter= ...
[ ...
-100,200,-100 ...
]

% option 2 (like tcl)
filter= \
[ \
-100,200,-100 \
]
% option 3 (using {})
{
filter=
[
-100,200,-100
]
}
Sent from the Octave - General forum at Nabble.com.