Re: new to octave - need help with running user-defined function files

From: Andy Pugh
Subject: Re: new to octave - need help with running user-defined function files
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2006 13:16:08 +0000

On 3/11/06, Theresa Bullard <address@hidden> wrote:

> I've tried the ls -a command and the only hidden bash file I see is
> .bash_history, no .bash_profile or .bashrc. Can I just create them?
> Would they be found somewhere other than my home directory?

I am probbaly going to muddy the waters a bit here, and I suspect that
you all know more about this than me.

Between OSX 10.0 and 10.4 Apple have changed the default shell at least once.

If I bring up a terminal window it says tcsh at the top of it.

Looking round on the internet a while ago (while trying to get octave
into my path, as .tar version installled to usr/local/bin and that
wasn't on my path, and before giving up and letting Fink do all the
work) I found reference to a set of files in
 /Users/<Username>Library/init/tcsh/
including "path", "completions.mine", "aliases.mine" etc.

I don't know if these are still relevant. Or even anything to do with
this question.

FWIW I have no .bashrc anywhere that I can find and Octave works.
Fink put it somewhere and added it to the path somehow. (I am sounding
like a real Mac user here, aren't I? )

--
atp