Re: Any success building 2.9.7 under cygwin

From: Eric S. Carlson
Subject: Re: Any success building 2.9.7 under cygwin
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2006 15:28:01 -0700 (PDT)

I thank everyone for their responses, and apologize for having this bifurcate
into multiple issues.

Issue 1: 2.9.7 - I have located an old version of cygwin with gcc/g++/g77
3.2.2 at (ftp://www.fruitbat.org/pub/cygwin/circa/index.htm ); I will
install and test a build with an older octave version and then try 2.9.7.

Issue 2: usb flash drive installation - all suggestions sound pretty
gruesome. I have just about managed to move a binary from my main computer
to my laptop hard drive with a simple folder copy. I can get to the point
where octave fires up on the laptop, but I somehow can not quite get the
octave path set up correctly yet. If I try to plot something, I get a
warning that octave does not know where to find the plot command - obvious
path issue with a likely obviouos solution for those who know this stuff
well. Any time saving suggestions would be greatly appreciated (even the
appropriate manual to check!)

Thanks again, Eric