Re: error: load: ../some image directory/..: inconsistent number of colu

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: error: load: ../some image directory/..: inconsistent number of colu
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2006 10:22:54 -0400

On  6-Sep-2006, shoker_17 wrote:

| Hmm...which version did i installed? I am currently using Linux Ubuntu 6.06
| and the packagess I installed are:
|
| 1) octave
| 2) octave-forge
| 3) xorg-dev
| 4) xlibs-dev
|
| The Error is actually the following statement,
| error: load: /home/loner/Desktop/cell1.jpg: inconsistent number of columns
| near line 2
|
| Error occurs only when those files I tried loading were created by myself.
| So far, I only tried jpg, bmp, img and ppm files using this function.

Oh, it looks like you are trying to load an image with the load
function.  Is that correct?  Are you doing

  load cell1.jpg

?  If so, that is not intended to work.  I think you want to use the
imread function from Octave Forge.

If not, then *precisely* what are you doing, and what error messages
do you see?  Give us the complete commands that you typed and all the
error messages that Octave prints.

jwe