Re: error: load: ../some image directory/..: inconsistent number of colu

From: Quentin Spencer
Subject: Re: error: load: ../some image directory/..: inconsistent number of colu
Date: Wed, 06 Sep 2006 13:14:47 -0500

shoker_17 wrote:
Ok...people, thanks for all your assistance and sorry for my poor
desciptions. My version of Octave is 2.1.72 and yes I was trying perform
loadimage('cell1.jpg').

May I know why is it that imread() is prefered over loadimage() since they
perform the same functions?
I tried opening a file called 'default.img' (which was in my IMAGEPATH) and
using loadimage(), it worked.

Does it means that loadimage() supports only certain image formats?

Yes--see the help text on loadimage:

octave:1> help loadimage
-- Function File: [X, MAP] = loadimage (FILE)
    Load an image file and it's associated color map from the specified
    FILE.  The image must be stored in Octave's image format.

    See also: saveimage, load, save.