Matlab package manager (was: Re: What is the default path, where is the

From: Søren Hauberg
Subject: Matlab package manager (was: Re: What is the default path, where is the startup file?)
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2006 13:35:43 +0100

Matthias Brennwald skrev:
On 11.12.2006, at 11:17, David Bateman wrote:

Also, I've already talked to Soren about this, and we'd be willing to
BSD license the package manager code (it's only a single m-file) and
therefore allow it to be modified to use with matlab. I'd like to see
this happen and there is no equivalent for matlab and create a standard
package manager for matlab would allow easier sharing of packages
between octave and matlab in the long run, even though it might be a
little short term pain for you.

That sounds great! Please let me know when this happens.
What is needed is a small script that'll convert pkg.m into something that'll run in matlab (I hate that matlab isn't Octave compatible).
I think such a script already exist, but I don't really know.
I don't think we should change pkg.m to make it matlab compatible because that'll remove nice things such as texinfo documentation.

I don't if there is a need to relicense the code to a BSD license, but if it's okay with John, it's okay with.

Søren