Re: What is the default path, where is the startup file?

From: Jordi Gutierrez Hermoso
Subject: Re: What is the default path, where is the startup file?
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2006 12:02:50 -0600

On 11/12/06, Matthias Brennwald <address@hidden> wrote:
* It relies on octave forge, but I haven't been able to install /
compile that on my machine.

Why won't you use a precompiled binary? In any APT-based GNU/Linux
distro, after pointing to the right dot-deb repositories, "aptitude
install octave-forge". Presto!

* It hides my work away from the Matlab world. I don't want to take
away the users ability to choose between Octave and Matlab.

Is that really so undesirable? They do it to us and take code code
away from us all the time. But I do suppose that retribution isn't the
proper path to take here...

- Jordi G. H.