Re: problem with wavread

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: problem with wavread
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2007 13:07:08 -0400

Octave 2.9.13 includes a wavread function.

jwe

http://velveeta.che.wisc.edu/octave/lists/archive//octave-sources.2005/msg00017.html

<http://us.rd.yahoo.com/mail/es/tagline/beabetter/*http://advision.webevents.yahoo.com/reto/entretenimiento.html>
| > .

| I&#39;m unfamiliar with wavread.m and don&#39;t have Octave available at the
moment, but it would probably help for general debugging purposes if you told
us<br>a) what version of octave you&#39;re using<br>b) what function inside
your script is giving the error
href="http://octave.sourceforge.net/packages.html";>http://octave.sourceforge.net/packages.html</a><br>Has
 the function auload which may provide the same functionality.
written for octave:<br><a
href="http://velveeta.che.wisc.edu/octave/lists/archive//octave-sources.2005/msg00017.html";>http://velveeta.che.wisc.edu/octave/lists/archive//octave-sources.2005/msg00017.html
| </a><br>I don&#39;t know if this didn&#39;t make it into release or not
(again I don&#39;t have octave available currently), but it is something I
would try.<br><br>In general, (I don&#39;t know the inner workings of octave) I
wouldn&#39;t expect that copying a mathworks matlab .m file to work with octave
since they have their own set of internal functions and octave has its
own.&nbsp; I wouldn&#39;t even really call them the same language.&nbsp; One
goal is to make octave compatible with matlab code, not to clone every detail
of matlab.&nbsp; For example, on a very fundamental level, you can use ++ and
+= for example, in octave but not matlab.&nbsp; There maybe more nuanced
examples, but I&#39;m not that familiar with octave.
class="gmail_quote">On 8/31/07, <b class="gmail_sendername">Carlos
Domínguez</b> &lt;<a href="mailto:address@hidden";>address@hidden</a>&gt;
wrote:</span>
204); margin: 0pt 0pt 0pt 0.8ex; padding-left: 1ex;">Hello community<br>Sorry
if i miss something writing this down but my language is spanish, so i think
you can understand.
doesn&#39;t have the file wavread.m, that comes in Matlab 6.5 for Windows. I
imported a wavread.m (downloaded from internet) but is not the one i needed, so
i copied it from windows, but it doesn&#39;t run, puts an error (something like
&quot;error in column x line y&quot;). so my question is: ¿does anybody knows
something about this problem? Notice that I need exactly the same functions
that does the
| wavread.m file in the Matlab 6.5 (in matlab 7.0 is not the same, at least in
the version I have), cause i need to plot the wave form of a wav file. ¿why the
version of windows doesn&#39;t run over octave for red hat, if the language is
the same?
I&#39;ve made so i can solve my problem, I really need it.<br>Thanks a

del Cine<br>¿Quieres saber cómo? <a
href="http://us.rd.yahoo.com/mail/es/tagline/beabetter/*http://advision.webevents.yahoo.com/reto/entretenimiento.html";
 target="_blank" onclick="return top.js.OpenExtLink(window,event,this)">
| ¡Deja que otras personas te ayuden!

 mailing list<br><a onclick="return top.js.OpenExtLink(window,event,this)"
href="https://www.cae.wisc.edu/mailman/listinfo/help-octave";