Re: reading xls file

From: Przemek Klosowski
Subject: Re: reading xls file
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2007 13:41:17 -0400 (EDT)

   I have installed Octave 2.9.13 for windows. I put a file.xls
   intitled "kir" in (c:/programfiles/octave). this file contains two
   columns.the first headed with y, the other with x. I want to read
   kir.xls from "Octave propmt".I have written this line: fid=fopen
   ("kir.xls,"r") The problem, I obtained always a strictly positif
   integer but I can't read the two columns x and y. What can I do?
   Many thanks in advance

Normally, the xls file is a binary Excel spreadsheet file, and contains
proprietary Microsoft encoding of your data. You have to save the file
in an ASCII format, for instance as a CSV file.