linking to octave interpreter

From: jojo2001
Subject: linking to octave interpreter
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2008 07:28:12 -0700 (PDT)

When I link my own code with Octave 3.01 interpreter lib, command like
whos, who, load do not return the same values as when running octave
from a command line.  It seems that whos/who/pkg etc. return values
could be reparsed and have the same print out as command line octave
but running load seems to load the data but the data is not accessible.
If I create data by calling the interpreter, it behaves like the when doing
the same from the command line.  I plainly pass "load file.mat" string
to the interpreter.  Am I doing something wrong or is there something
that I am not aware about this commands?  I don't really want to change
the octave source code for every new version.

Thanks