colorbar with log scale

From: Ivan Sutoris
Subject: colorbar with log scale
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2008 14:30:01 +0200

Hello

I am using Octave 3.0.2 in Linux and I am trying to make plot with
colorbar in logarithmic scale. In MATLAB, one can use something like
this:

h = colorbar();
set(h,'yscale','log');

This doesn't work with in Octave with gnuplot engine, because
colorbar() doesn't return handle to colorbar object. I have tried the
same in Windows (Octave 3.0.1 with JHandles) and it works there, but I
haven't been succesful in installing Jhandles in Linux (and after some
searching through this list, is seems to me that it is not so easy).
So is there any way to have log scale colorbar with gnuplot, or should
I try again to install JHandles?

Thanks for any help
Ivan Sutoris