Re: Octave 3.2.2 for Ubuntu9.04?

From: Jordi Gutiérrez Hermos
Subject: Re: Octave 3.2.2 for Ubuntu9.04?
Date: Sat, 19 Sep 2009 00:08:17 -0500

2009/9/18 Uwe Dippel <address@hidden>:
> It seems that 3.2.2 is the current 'standard', and that compilation is
> not that easy.
> Is there any package available? Could someone who has it compiling
> properly simply make it into a .deb, please, and make it available?

Raphaël has been hard at work as usual on making Debian packages:

     http://packages.debian.org/sid/octave3.2

Unfortunately, I think these packages got made after the latest Ubuntu
grabbed Debian's unstable snapshot.

You could try mixing Debian and Ubuntu packages, although at least
from the Debian side, this isn't recommended. You might run into
instability this way. This might be excessive paranoia.