Re: Octave 3.2.2 for Ubuntu9.04?

From: John Swensen
Subject: Re: Octave 3.2.2 for Ubuntu9.04?
Date: Sat, 19 Sep 2009 08:28:55 -0400

Or upgrade to Ubuntu 9.10 (Karmik Koala). I have been doing my testing on 9.10 in a virtual machine and it works great.

John Swensen

On Sep 19, 2009, at 1:08 AM, Jordi Gutiérrez Hermos wrote:

2009/9/18 Uwe Dippel <address@hidden>:
It seems that 3.2.2 is the current 'standard', and that compilation is
not that easy.
Is there any package available? Could someone who has it compiling
properly simply make it into a .deb, please, and make it available?

Raphaël has been hard at work as usual on making Debian packages:

    http://packages.debian.org/sid/octave3.2

Unfortunately, I think these packages got made after the latest Ubuntu
grabbed Debian's unstable snapshot.

You could try mixing Debian and Ubuntu packages, although at least
from the Debian side, this isn't recommended. You might run into
instability this way. This might be excessive paranoia.