Re: How do you pass two Octave functions to an .oct function?

From: Jaroslav Hajek
Subject: Re: How do you pass two Octave functions to an .oct function?
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2009 07:52:01 +0200

On Wed, Oct 21, 2009 at 1:25 PM, babelproofreader
<address@hidden> wrote:

>>Instead of doing it in a for loop, I'd suggest you construct a matrix
>>with one rolling vector per column:
>
> How would this compare, in terms of performance, to my function as it
> currently stands if I were able to successfully compile the whole function
> into a single .oct function using loops? I ask this question as I envisage
> that teaching myself how to/and rewriting/changing the .oct files that are
> currently called to operate over matrix columns will be a considerable
> effort.

You won't really know until (if) you try.
I would expect my approach to perform better than the code you've
shown, but that's just my guess.
Also, if you're stuck with the old 3.0.1 version, things may be very
different from 3.3.50+ / 3.2.x.

hth

--
RNDr. Jaroslav Hajek