Re: PIV processing

From: Dotan Cohen
Subject: Re: PIV processing
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2009 22:12:18 +0200

> When we made a PIV processing system back in 90-93 se:
> http://www.springerlink.com/content/t912840551063848/,
> we uses to ( after some imgage processing / frame ) set each frame to a
> colour.
> The colours made it easier to visually track motion in the wather.

How did using different colours for each frame help? Different colour
particles maybe, but different coloured frames in post-processing?

> Used NIH-Image to track position of relevant particles ( size and shape
> criteria ) and saved as cvs-files.
> In next step we used a matlab similar program called IGOR to track path of
> particles and plot velocity with arrows.

You were using particles of differing size and shape? I find that
interesting, how do you know the different shapes were accurately
modelling the flow of the water? In our case we are working with
viscoplastic materials.

> In case anyone are interested I can send the scripts.

I am very interested. Thanks! Anything else that you would like to
tell would be interesting, I am new to the field and just starting to
get a handle on it.

--
Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com