Re: Sharing scripts

From: Corrado
Subject: Re: Sharing scripts
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2010 08:28:16 +0000

I agree with John.

Please, I invite you to consider releasing the code to your server under the terms of one of the free software / open source licenses. There a good list of licenses here http://opensource.org/licenses/alphabetical, and they allow for any combination of commercial / community I can think of :) . I normally use GPL3 (I have not relased anything for Octave but something for other projects).

Best,

John W. Eaton wrote:
On 14-Mar-2010, MathCloud wrote:

| I am not sure what you mean by making the source code available? You mean
| the code that implements the web interface? If so, that is not my intention
| at this point.

I encourage you to release the code to your server under the terms of
a free software license.  Would you please reconsider?

Thanks,

jwe