Re: Empty plot

From: John B. Thoo
Subject: Re: Empty plot
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2010 13:20:22 -0800

On Dec 17, 2010, at 12:38 PM, Dmitri A. Sergatskov wrote:

> gnuplot 4.2.5 looks awfully old. I seems to remember some issues with
> plotting of binary data
> through pipe with some old versions, but now I do not remember when it
> is all got fixed.
> I suggest to update to 4.4.1 or newer.
>
> Dmitri.
> --

Dmitri, thanks for your suggestion.  I downloaded and installed Gnuplot.app
version 4.2.6 and I plotted successfully.

octave-3.2.3:1> system (sprintf ("which %s",gnuplot_binary))
/Applications/Gnuplot.app/Contents/Resources/bin/gnuplot
ans = 0
octave-3.2.3:2> x = 0:0.1:pi;
octave-3.2.3:3> plot (x, sin (x))
octave-3.2.3:4>

No empty plot.  Hurray! :-D

BTW, I haven't uninstalled /usr/bin/gnuplot, but I think I will try Ben's
suggestion in his previous email, viz.,

> When you built gnuplot you would have had a directory with the sources in it.
> To install you would have typed the commands
>
>       ./configure
>       make
>       make install
>
> To uninstall, you'd type "make uninstall" from the same directory.

Thanks again, Dmitri.  And thanks, too, Ben for all your time.  I really
appreciate it.

---John.

Drive carefully.  Watch for Bikes!
<http://homepage.mac.com/jbthoo/watchforbikes.html>